How Architecture Firm in Malaysia Can Overcome the Covid-19 Outbreak.
COVID-19 checklist for architecture firm in Malaysia
Protect your staff
- Enable your staff to work from home during this period of disruption.
- Develop your policies and plans for supporting flexible working arrangements, particularly in light of school closures and childcare disruption
- Put in place mental well-being support for remote working staff
- Plan for significant levels of staff absence due to illness/self-isolation during the next three months
- Ensure that your core staff support systems, including those for payroll and staff sickness reporting are robust and resilient
- Updated guidance on staffing and workload levels.
Protect your cash flow
- Talk to your bank as soon as possible about your cash position and working capital requirements
- Review the latest financing for small and medium enterprise from Bank Negara Malaysia
- Check how the Malaysia government can help businesses get through this crisis
Put in place emergency financial management processes to secure your invoicing, payment collection and debt recovery and to regularly review your cash flow forecast.
Review your insurances and contracts
- If your PI insurance policy is due for renewal within the next three months make early contact with your broker
- Review all your insurance policies, including any business interruption insurance provisions
- Review all professional services and construction contracts for force majeure provisions
Make contact with your local regulators
- Contact your local planning authority and building control authority/approved inspectors to understand their plans for development control and building control processes during this period